Manila & Makati Tour (Intramuros, San Agustin Church & Ayala Museum)
What To Expect
Immerse yourself in the Philippines’ rich cultural past through its diverse museums. From the Old Walled City of Intramuros to the Financial District of Makati, this tour is a well-rounded glimpse of the country.
- The tour begins with a morning drive through the Mall of Asia complex, the Coconut Palace, the Cultural Center of the Philippines and Rizal Park on your way to the old walled city of Intramuros. Our first visit is to Casa Manila, a reconstructed Spanish home from the mid-1800s. This colonial lifestyle museum, holds furniture and artwork ranging from the 17th to early 20th century. It showcases the lifestyle of upper class Filipinos at the turn of the century. Our next stop is the San Agustin Church and Museum. Designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993 its walls have stood as a mute witness to Philippine history. Beside the Church is the Museum featuring a rich collection of Spanish-era church vestments, furniture and religious artwork. After lunch our tour proceeds to Makati City, the country's premier financial district. We will drive past Saints Peter and Paul Parish (Makati's first and oldest church, built in 1620) as well as the church of Our Lady of Guadalupe. Next, visit Neilson Tower, the country's first commercial airport which is now the Filipinas Heritage Library. A spiral staircase goes up to the historic tower room where news about the attack on Pearl Harbor was first heard in the Philippines. Finally, visit the Ayala Museum in the heart of the Ayala Center commercial complex. "The Diorama Experience" is a permanent exhibit of 60 handcrafted dioramas that chronicle the rich tapestry of Philippine history. Afterwards, you will be returned to your hotel or feel free to stay at the Ayala Center for a wonderful shopping experience.
- Hotel pickup
- Airconditioned Transport
- Services of an English-speaking Tour Guide
- All entrance fees
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Optional activity costs
– Children below 2 years old are free of charge.
– Children must be accompanied by at least one adult.
– Hotel pick-up may be up to an hour before departure time.
We're not around, but please leave us your question and we'll get back to you when we're online again